Friday, December 3, 2010

In what, can you believe?

I heard a conversation on the radio the other day between two atheists who were complaining about the protest that the Christians in their community were making about a billboard sign that the atheist community had put. The conversation between these two men was very loud and their positions were adamant - there is no GOD and there is no evidence to prove that there is. The content of the billboard in my opinion was inconsequential, what really was disturbing to me was the hate these two were spewing during this 10 minute interview.

Hold on here...there is no God? If this is the mindset of these two men then I sure do feel for them and would love to have a personal conversation with either of them - not on the radio where their POV could be made to intimidate anyone. Maybe they were just on for shock value and a ratings ploy for the radio station. But if you think there is no God...well, I just don't know what purpose you were created for. I won't get all deep and theological, because my knowledge could barely fill a coffee cup. But the whole aspect of no God - well that just doesn't sit with me and I don't understand it.

I'm sure the atheists love the fact the imprinted on our money it says IN GOD WE TRUST. How many of us grew up saying the pledge of allegiance? - I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. At the end your life, if there is no God and you just die...well that could be the topic of another post.


There is an old military adage that goes something like this: there are no atheists in a foxhole. This probably dates back to WWI during some trench warfare - when things looked bad for soldiers...yea, they were praying to God to get them through the struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment